Question from a reader…
Can I use olive oil as a moisturiser? It’s cheap and is good to eat so I thought it would be good to put on my skin.
The simple answer is yes you can. As a moisturiser on your face it can be fantastic!
- Olive oil is natural, free from chemicals and like other fresh natural oils is packed with anti oxidants,(especially extra virgin) such as vitamin A and E which fight free radicals and damage caused by a polluted atmosphere and smoking etc.
- It’s a product that we all have access to, and as you need to use very little it should last pretty well.
- It has no chemicals or preservatives which these days we are all becoming far more aware of.
When you use Olive oil on your skin always stick to good quality extra virgin oil.
- Apply it gently to your face and neck after you have cleansed your skin in the evening. Leave your skin damp with water or toner. Put a few drops on the palms of your hands to warm it then massage in gently. If you like, you can add a very small drop of an essential oil. (always check for contraindications)
- Around the eyes; A very small drop on damp cotton wool can be helpful with stubborn or waterproof eye make up.
- Lips; very useful to remove the lipsticks that stain the lips
- Cuticles; rub in a little to your nails after you have massaged your face at night to keep cuticles soft and moisturised.
If you use this or have any other tips to share with other girls looking for natural treatments or products on a budget then do share them in the comments