You know those days when you wake up and your skin feels old and stiff and in need of something to give it a boost? One of the answers to this may well be in the kitchen cupboards.
Have a look and see if there is a jar of honey in there.
Honey has been used for centuries as a beauty product to cleanse, moisturise and heal skin, it can help with acne, with scarring and as a simple face mask it hydrates and gives you skin a natural healthy glow.
This is what you do.
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly using a cleansing milk if you have one and a warm cloth to remove it. This opens the pores and so helps to deep cleanse.
- Dry your skin with a soft towel.
- Cover your hair and clothes as honey drips a lot or wash your hair afterwards!
- Scoop up a dollop of honey in your fingertips and spread it over your forehead quickly, scoop up some more and spread over nose, cheeks and throat, don’t forget your upper lip. You only need a fairly thin layer on your skin.
- Wipe your fingers clean on your face cloth
- Lean back and close your eyes for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Use wet cotton pads, rested on your eyes for an extra treat.
- When you are ready, rinse your face thoroughly with lots of warm water, make sure it is out of your eyebrows and hairline.
- Tone or rinse your skin with cool water.
- Moisturise as normal.
I hope you enjoy this lovely home made face mask. Let me know if you try it or share your own home made face masks with us!