Recently I got involved in a film project. It’s a 3 minute film challenge that I’m taking with a friend who is an aspiring screen writer and it looks like it will be fun with a lot of work. But here’s the thing. When I saw myself on camera I was horrified! Every single little broken capillary stood out and my face was so shiny I just couldn’t believe it. Plus shadows under my eyes and a lack of tone in my face that I hadn’t realised existed; though I do some facial exercises I’m not at all disciplined.
So now I am on a mission.
Ever noticed how you suddenly manage to focus, get organised and step up a gear when something you really want is on the table?
Over the next 6 weeks I’m focusing on:
- Losing weight (something that I have been trying and failing at for the last year).
- Exploring better coverage make-up for filming.
- Better make-up for shadows and for the eyes.
- Facial exercises to do as a simple routine each day.
- Drinking more water to help with dark shadows.
- Improve my haircut, especially my fringe which I last cut myself (and it’s too short).
(By the way, I know that I know how to do make-up, just not for this field!)
Maybe I am vain. Maybe I “Should” be thinking differently. And I know that this is not a big movie, I’m no star, but it matters to me to feel good and confident, and it feels like the push I have been needing for a while to get off my (really too large) ass and get on with it.
Just to start off, I have already starting using my new toy, the My Fitness Pal app. Its amazingly focusing and I have lost 8lbs in the last month, simply by eating less (mostly less Dorito’s). The reason it works for me is that it shows me the calorie value of everything, so you learn to make better choices and naturally eat healthier, lower calorie foods.